So I spent this weekend trying to get equipment cleaned and ready to go for next week and Boomershoot.
First up was getting the IC706 wired up in the truck with the VHF antenna. I did that first thing Saturday morning. The current power supply source is temporary until my power poles arrive at which point it will be running off the 30A auxiliary switch. I attached the faceplate to the dashboard with Velcro.
After I got it all hooked up I decided to head down the street to a gun shop I hadn’t been in yet. Since it is only a block a way I felt that was some sort of sacrilegious act that I hadn’t gone yet. Me being the lazy bastard I am, and more specifically wanting an excuse to play with my toy drove the truck. Half way there it happened. The face plate falls off, it falls off, if falls the frick off. Not just the faceplate, but the new Velcro strip on the dash. It appears that the adhesive on the strip sucks. So I moved that strip to the center console in-between the seats.
The easier to operate when needing to do a lot button wise. Later that night Janelle informed me we have some Velcro with the industrial style adhesive. I placed one of those on the dashboard and hit it with some heat from a blow dryer. It’s not leaving the dashboard now. Then as extra icing on the cake, the Moscow repeater was turned back on yesterday, it didn’t come back after a power outage recently.
While at the gun shop I found a few parts so I can hopefully do some optic rotations. It actually had an amazing selection of toys. I killed a bunch of time chatting with some of the guys and found a subject for future blog fodder. It is serious and I need to do some investigation to get the details.
After I got home I started the process of cleaning for Boomershoot. It’s going to be a long week. Be advised, blogging may be spotty from here until after Boomershoot. I will try and blog while on the road for the Jet Boat races. I will have my camera with me so I’ll have pictures to post too. I want to try and schedule some posts in advance except doing that for the count is a bit difficult unless I have everything done in-between.