It’s been known for a while that green-energy is suspect and has serious issues. Yet our fearless leader has shoved more money at failed projects that most could comprehend. If this man ran a venture capitalist firm his clients would have left long ago because he was driving them to be broke.
What exactly am I talking about, well here’s a list of companies that have failed that received funding from Obama.
- Evergreen Solar ($24 million)*
- SpectraWatt ($500,000)*
- Solyndra ($535 million)*
- Beacon Power ($69 million)*
- AES’s subsidiary Eastern Energy ($17.1 million)
- Nevada Geothermal ($98.5 million)
- SunPower ($1.5 billion)
- First Solar ($1.46 billion)
- Babcock and Brown ($178 million)
- EnerDel’s subsidiary Ener1 ($118.5 million)*
- Amonix ($5.9 million)
- National Renewable Energy Lab ($200 million)
- Fisker Automotive ($528 million)
- Abound Solar ($374 million)*
- A123 Systems ($279 million)*
- Willard and Kelsey Solar Group ($6 million)
- Johnson Controls ($299 million)
- Schneider Electric ($86 million)
- Brightsource ($1.6 billion)
- ECOtality ($126.2 million)
- Raser Technologies ($33 million)*
- Energy Conversion Devices ($13.3 million)*
- Mountain Plaza, Inc. ($2 million)*
- Olsen’s Crop Service and Olsen’s Mills Acquisition Company ($10 million)*
- Range Fuels ($80 million)*
- Thompson River Power ($6.4 million)*
- Stirling Energy Systems ($7 million)*
- LSP Energy ($2.1 billion)*
- UniSolar ($100 million)*
- Azure Dynamics ($120 million)*
- GreenVolts ($500,000)
- Vestas ($50 million)
- LG Chem’s subsidiary Compact Power ($150 million)
- Nordic Windpower ($16 million)*
- Navistar ($10 million)
- Satcon ($3 million)*
Total waste? $8.108 Billion dollars. Yes that’s billion with a B. People keep insisting that to fix the budget problem we need to make massive cuts to the big pieces of the pie. What people don’t seem to understand is that the biggest pieces are all the small tiny pieces added together.
Look at all that money that’s been wasted. Debt that has now been laid upon our children and working class. For what? So that some donors to the Obama administration can go buy a new vacation house? So that some leftist can feel good about his view on the environment and forcing others to pay for his moral views?
Seriously, why is anyone even thinking about continuing to vote for a man who so willingly and blatantly has been robbing the American public blind. Not only is he robbing them but selling your children into slavery. There is no such thing as a free lunch yet everyone seems to think they’re getting one.
That stimulus so heavily lobbied for has $80 billion in politically tied energy projects. Yet we see how those projects actually worked, not to mention how it actually delayed existing projects. Over 1900 investigations have begun to look into waste, further costs to the American tax payer.
To put this into even greater perspective, 10% of the funding for energy projects provided by the stimulus is nothing but waste. That’s to a cost $25.82 per every man, woman and child, just in waste. If you just count the tax payers, it’s an extra $70.81 in cost. If you don’t believe me, do the math yourself. Here’s where I got the numbers for population and taxpayers. To take it further we have another 6 trillion in debt overall, that comes out to be another $51,000 dollars for every man, woman, and child. The overall debt burden in this country is enough for most people to buy a house, again, every man, woman, and child, even babies.
Lets look at the issue in another way focusing on spending during 2012 overall:
Under Obama, for every $7 we’ve had, we’ve spent nearly $11 (or, to be more exact, $10.95). That’s like a family that makes $70,000 a year — and is already knee-deep in debt — blowing nearly $110,000 a year.
Joe also put it really well a while ago before we ended up even further in this hole:
Now that has brought the spending problem into a better perspective, let me ask, why is the out of control spending and economy not at the fore front of the presidential race? I hope all of you who continue to not see a problem with this reckless spending and endless growth of government are happy selling your soul and children’s soul into slavery. Because you honestly have no business writing checks your ass can’t cash and putting your kids name or my name on it. Period.
TMM is the owner, editor, and principal author at The Minuteman, a competitive shooter, and staff member for Boomershoot. Even in his free time he’s merging his love and knowledge of computers and technology with his love of firearms.
Many know his private name and information however due to the current political climate, many are distancing themselves due to the abandonment of Due Process.