Redoing stuff

I’m playing around under the hood.  I’ve got things hooked up so there a new Facebook page.  The blog will be pushing updates there.

For some reason though some odd stuff started happening within the past couple of days and scheduled posts aren’t posting.  I’ve tried the few things I can find recommended online but I’m not sure exactly what’s going on.  I found a plugin that causes the post to go up correctly, but the last post didn’t get pushed to “The Facebooks”.

So I’m going to be beating on things with a  wrench for a bit trying to figure out what’s going on.  If something seems odd for the next bit, it’s just me trying to figure out how to fix whatever’s broke.  So here’s a random picture!

DSC_7040

Modeling the Old…

There are times I wonder why I didn’t go the mechanical engineering route.  It is so much fun.

Cylinder Render Front

I spent today modeling the cylinder of a cap and ball revolver loaned to me by a friend.  For the most part I’m happy with the results.  The only thing I’m not really happy with is the cylinder incrementing on the recoil pad.

Cylinder Render Back

Getting the precise dimensions for the correct location and depth was quite difficult.  The measurements are quite close, but not 100% there.  It will take some more tweaking.

I also need to pull one of the nipples and take the measurements to make sure I have the interior threading specified correctly. I think I might actually model the threads at some point too, just for grins.

If anyone wants to try and guess the type of revolver based off the cylinder feel free.  No prizes, just ultimate bragging rights.