For those who know me this title fits me to a tee. Not because of my “rebellious spirit” but because at a moments notice I am moving and acting to help those around me. Whether it be taking up arms in defense of someone who cannot defend themselves, or hopping in my truck and going and pulling someone home that just broke down two blocks away.
The statement of who and what the militia and minutemen were is long and drawn out and a cause for great modern debate as supposedly now it’s the National Guard. I’m here to tell you it’s not, it is any and every citizen that is willing to do what is necessary to protect those around them in their own community.
Many ask why I feel this way and the answer is always the same, history. I’ve studied it, learned from it, and found things that embodied the best in humanity, and things that were the worst. Truly one of the best and most iconic of the American spirit was the Minutemen.
My name is Barron and I grew up in Western Washington south of Seattle in a small town. That town has since been over run and turned into a suburb of Seattle. Going home to visit friends and family is quite depressing, especially as crime has increased since I grew up there. At least now I can carry a concealed weapon.
I was extremely active in Scouting all throughout my youth. Most summers I was gone from home about two thirds of the time during vacation on trips and events. I Received my Eagle Scout just prior to my 18th birthday.
After high school I attended the University of Washington. After two years I was informed that I wasn’t good enough for their engineering program and fled Western Washington to Washington State University. The sad thing is I am by no means the only person who has been through this experience, there is also a common thread amongst those who have been through the experience, but if I say what it is I’d be called racist. I graduated in 2008 with a B.S. in Electrical Engineering, or applied mathematics as I call it. If you have an EE you get the joke.
After moving to Eastern Washington I decided I wouldn’t move back. The Peoples Republic of Puget Sound is just too much. The people are too self centered and not friendly. While many would say that the people out here are unfriendly I have one comment. They’re unfriendly because you’re probably being an ass. This also includes aggressively driving like you’re from a major metropolitan area.
In 2005 I was in a massive car accident which resulted in severe injuries to both my wife and I. It took us over 6 months to recover and I now have a metal rod in each leg. That accident resulted in a ding on my record which has provided me with a point of view of the system that not many people see. That accident also provided another view in that my wife is permanently disabled due to nerve damage in her arm. Currently we are writing a long post on the subject. Suffice it to say, any attempt to limit the features or capabilities of a rifle does not sit well in my house.
I currently write software for embedded systems as well as partake in my own pet projects on the side. I also actively help and participate in Boomershoot and I highly suggest that you make an attempt to attend.
That is the rough overview of who I am and a few of the major items that have provided me with the glass I use to view the world.
I figured I should add this to provide solid clarification to anyone that may think otherwise.
The views and opinions expressed within this site are entirely the opinion and view of Barron Barnett or Janelle Barnett and no one else. These statements in no way reflect the views of my employer, or those around me. To ensure this, at no time will any employer, past or present ever be stated directly on this site.
All quoted content is copyrighted and owned by the original creator. If your work has been quoted and you would like it removed, please contact me.
While many may disagree with our views, the bottom line is that we both strongly believe in the individual freedoms and the idea of personal responsibility that this country was founded upon.
- This is our blog and we do this purely for our own entertainment. While yes we do have a single ad on the right hand side, that is purely in the hope that eventually we can subsidize the cost of running this blog. I do not expect this to make me any money, as such we reserve the right to delete any comments for any reason. Odds are we wont, but if you’re acting like a troll, pestering people, or being down right unfriendly, we are more than happy to swing the axe.
- Nothing posted on this blog should be construed as legal advice. If you have legal problems seek out a lawyer specializing in the area of your problem. (Duh)
- Email addresses are required for comment submission but will not be sold or distributed in anyway. We don’t like SPAM any more than you do. (Believe me, it is delivered straight to my phone).
- We make no assurances to the accuracy or completeness of information provided. While we both exercise due diligence as often as possible, sometimes things are missed. As my dad always said, “challenge everything”. Which is why my teachers HATED me. If you see something in error, please comment and link to information so I may correct the error.
- We are in no way liable for any losses, injuries, or damages arising from the information displayed or used.
- From time to time old articles may be updated, change history may or may not be provided.
- Anything you send me through the contact form or email may be posted for posterity.
- If you feel that someone has been included in the State Sponsored Criminal Count wrongly, please provide documented evidence clearing them of the wrong doing they are accused of. If you don’t like that your actions placed you on the list the solution is simple, stop doing it. The last thing you want to do is end up on it twice.
Barron Barnett/(The Minuteman Blog) is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.