Light Posting

Yes, posting has been light as of late. Numerous issues have plagued my pc, home, and life in general.

I think I finally have solved the hardware issue plaguing my PC, I’m working on installing a CAPTCHA on the site. Currently I have to approve all anonymous comments. It’s a pain in my ass.

This is a test to see if the software update was successful.

As there’s an Erupting Volcano in Iceland, here’s a pic my dad took while stationed there.

About Barron

Barron is the owner, editor, and principal author at The Minuteman, a competitive shooter, and staff member for Boomershoot. Even in his free time he’s merging his love and knowledge of computers and technology with his love of firearms. He has a BS in electrical engineering from Washington State University. Immediately after college he went into work on embedded software and hardware for use in critical infrastructure. This included cryptographic communications equipment as well as command and control devices that were using that communications equipment. Since then he’s worked on just about everything ranging from toys, phones, other critical infrastructure, and even desktop applications. Doing everything from hardware system design, to software architecture, to actually writing software that makes your athletic band do its thing.
Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Light Posting

1. Bill Waites says:

Barron, if I’m not mistaken, that is Vestmannaeyjar, or the Westman Islands. If your dad was there when that volcano was active in the early to mid 1970’s, we were likely on island at the same time.

My dad was assigned there from 1972-1978, minus about 12 months from summer 1974-1975. We spent all but a few months of that 5 years there as well. Good to see old pictures!

• Barron Barnett says:

My dad was stationed there early 60’s. IIRC it was actually his first hitch. The wing you see is a P2V Neptune, I’ll point my mom over here, she’ll probably have a better memory of when and where exactly my dad was stationed. And possibly what volcano this is. Check in from time to time. I’ve got a lot more pictures I will probably post. I have all my dads old slides, and I scanned a couple of them about 3 years ago. They’re a lot of fun to go through.

I know my dad got out in 75, and 73-74 he was an NFO in an EA-6B off the coast of Vietnam. He watched Saigon fall from the air. 72 he was in flight school, and prior to that he was going enlisted to officer (Mustang).

B

• Bill Waites says:

Well, that time frame, and that close to the ocean, makes it probably Surtsey, the worlds newest landmass at the time.

I’m going to have to do the same with my dads old Iceland slides, I don’t think my kids have ever seen them!

Keep up the good work!!

• Barron Barnett says:

Just got an email from my mom. She tried to post but doesn’t think it worked, and since it’s not here I’d say she’s right.

The volcano is Surtsey, they flew over it every patrol to monitor the growth.

• Barron Barnett says:

The volcano is Surtsey, they flew over it every patrol to monitor the growth.

• Bill Waites says: