So Robb posted something about government lists yesterday. It is another example of the government discriminating and criminalizing those who might disagree with them. Here is the list Bill Quick created:
So how does a person qualify as a potential domestic terrorist? Based on the training I have attended, here are characteristics that qualify:
- Expressions of libertarian philosophies (statements, bumper stickers)
- Second Amendment-oriented views (NRA or gun club membership, holding a CCW permit)
- Survivalist literature (fictional books such as “Patriots” and “One Second After” are mentioned by name)
- Self-sufficiency (stockpiling food, ammo, hand tools, medical supplies)
- Fear of economic collapse (buying gold and barter items)
- Religious views concerning the book of Revelation (apocalypse, anti-Christ)
- Expressed fears of Big Brother or big government
- Declarations of Constitutional rights and civil liberties
- Belief in a New World Order conspiracy
So like Robb most of that list for me is a big fat yes. About the only real things on that list that I am not currently a part of and will not be in the future is the “New World Order” conspiracy. Which makes sense since according to some people, the fact that I’m a Freemason makes me a part of the New World Order. But that’s a completely different story, suffice it to say I fit every single one of those brackets, and I don’t doubt the fact I’m a Freemason probably counts against me when it comes to the government.
Previously we saw how the DHS was labeling different groups of individuals and how they were being classified as terrorists. What is most disturbing though from that PDF that was released was how they described lawful acts as being grounds for being classified as extremists.
It is becoming apparent that the only way to stay off any list at this point is to be a blindly following sheep. If you do not have blind faith for the government to protect you, provide for you, and that it is completely infallible and will not fail you are on a list.
Couple that with a license to handle and manufacture explosives, a blog for the world to see, and other lists many have had to volunteer information to remain law abiding, there is no longer a way to escape being on a list. The best you can do is to be in the middle or towards the bottom. If you’re at the top, you’re just the canary in the coal mine.
TMM is the owner, editor, and principal author at The Minuteman, a competitive shooter, and staff member for Boomershoot. Even in his free time he’s merging his love and knowledge of computers and technology with his love of firearms.
Many know his private name and information however due to the current political climate, many are distancing themselves due to the abandonment of Due Process.