I took this evening to switch the commenting system to Disqus. It appears that I got all the comments to export properly. If you have any problems please let me know. I made the change to help simplify the work that I was doing in maintenance. There were a bunch of modules that were linked together to take care of moderation, closing, notification, etc. Switching to Disqus provides a single point of maintenance which I like.
So play with it, tell me what you guys think. If you want me to roll back I can though it’s going to take some serious pushing to prove why the old method is better.
Update 08/22: So it appears I forgot to set the read permissions for the blocks used for Disqus. I corrected this issue mid afternoon. Thanks to those who notified me on twitter about the issue, as well as Linoge who mentioned it to the wife. She forwarded it to me as a text at work and I corrected the issue immediately. If you have any more issues, please let me know.